News and UpdatesBarry Mallin successfully argues case in
New York's highest court on behalf of
community housing advocates... more
- Cooperatives & Condominiums
- Offering Plans for new Condominiums and Co-operatives
- Housing Development Fund Corporation (HDFC) Cooperatives
- Mitchell-Lama Housing Cooperatives
- Community Rights Litigation
- Liquor License Challenges
- Bar Noise—Nuisance Bars & Clubs
- Affordable Housing Development
- Small Business & Community Economic Development
- Landlord and Tenant
- Limited Equity Cooperatives
In Harlem, a Shelter That Gives Young Men the Tools to Succeed
The following is quoted from the article:
Nestled on a residential block in Harlem, Create Young Adult Residences looks like any other apartment building. A fire escape snakes up its rust-colored facade.
Throughout the day, young men who live in the building, on West 128th Street, come and go, heading to and from school, jobs and neighborhood restaurants like Red Rooster Harlem and Sylvia’s.
Create, a 50-bed transitional housing program, serves men 18 to 25, many of whom have recently aged out of the foster care system. Its residents are encouraged to study or to work, and to find permanent housing within nine months. The support system has proved invaluable to many.
After being in foster care and enduring a tumultuous life with his adoptive family, Rymale Benjamin, 21, came to Create after spending three weeks at the 30th Street Men’s Shelter in Manhattan...