News and UpdatesBarry Mallin successfully argues case in
New York's highest court on behalf of
community housing advocates... more
- Cooperatives & Condominiums
- Offering Plans for new Condominiums and Co-operatives
- Housing Development Fund Corporation (HDFC) Cooperatives
- Mitchell-Lama Housing Cooperatives
- Community Rights Litigation
- Liquor License Challenges
- Bar Noise—Nuisance Bars & Clubs
- Affordable Housing Development
- Small Business & Community Economic Development
- Landlord and Tenant
- Limited Equity Cooperatives
Community Rights Litigation in New YorkNew York City Community Rights Litigation Attorney
Many New Yorkers choose to live in a community or neighborhood based on the quality of life that area is known for and will provide. When there is a perceived threat to that quality of life, community members may be able to take legal action to fight a change they feel is destroying their neighborhood.
Barry Mallin & Associates, P.C. takes the concerns of neighborhoods, block associations, civic associations and other community rights groups seriously. Talk to attorney Mallin today. Call 212-285-1200 or contact us online to have someone from our firm reach you.
What is the best approach for your community's issue?
Our founding lawyer, Barry Mallin, established our firm in 1985. He has extensive experience protecting the rights of communities throughout NYC and Long Island. Together, with your community, board members, representatives, spokespersons, chairs and others, we will devise a strategy for the best way to approach your problem. Our firm regularly handles the following:
- Liquor license challenges: Our firm can fully prepare your group for a hearing to present your strongest case that will convince the State Liquor Authority (SLA) to deny a liquor license.
- Bar noise: Are nuisance bars and nightclubs threatening your quality of life? Our firm can help your group organize and come together effectively to put pressure on clubs or other venues to have a license revoked.
Our firm is selective about the types of cases we handle. We truly believe in protecting the rights of your community and proceed when we believe in the cause we are fighting for. In addition to the above issues, we handle matters that may take place in housing court or real estate matters such as land use disputes.
Whether a rowdy bar or club is keeping you awake at night or you strongly oppose yet
another bar moving into your neighborhood, Barry Mallin & Associates, P.C. would like to speak with
you. Contact us today and arrange your consultation.