News and UpdatesBarry Mallin successfully argues case in
New York's highest court on behalf of
community housing advocates... more
- Cooperatives & Condominiums
- Offering Plans for new Condominiums and Co-operatives
- Housing Development Fund Corporation (HDFC) Cooperatives
- Mitchell-Lama Housing Cooperatives
- Community Rights Litigation
- Liquor License Challenges
- Bar Noise—Nuisance Bars & Clubs
- Affordable Housing Development
- Small Business & Community Economic Development
- Landlord and Tenant
- Limited Equity Cooperatives
New York City Affordable Housing Development Attorney
Affordable Housing Development
Affordable housing can benefit your community members in many ways. The overall well-being of a neighborhood will flourish. For-profit and not-for-profit affordable housing developers throughout New York City, Long Island and Up-State turn to our firm for comprehensive legal guidance as affordable housing is planned, financed and constructed.
Whether you are a nonprofit or for-profit affordable housing developer, Barry Mallin & Associates, P.C. looks forward to speaking with you. Call us at 212-285-1200 to schedule your consultation. Or, contact us online to have someone from our firm be in touch with you.
As a leading New York City law firm dedicated to building and empowering communities, we offer an array of services to affordable housing developers. Our firm handles virtually all issues related to land acquisition, housing development, design and construction. Additionally, we offer services in financing, leasing, sale of residential and commercial properties, board formation and governance of cooperatives and condominiums.
We handle a diverse range of housing projects that serve people such as:
- Low to moderate-income families
- Homeless families and individuals
- The elderly
- Special needs individuals
- Offering Creative Financing Techniques
Our founding lawyer, Barry Mallin, is a known innovator in developing creative financing techniques for affordable housing projects. We use diverse financing sources through various federal, New York City and state affordable housing programs such as the following:
- Tax-exempt bonds
- Conventional bank loans
- Community Development Block Grants
- HOME Program financing
- HUD Section 202 programs
- Low-income housing tax credit syndications
- Credit-enhanced transactions
- Joint venture agreements
Our firm also handles all matters involving condominium and cooperative development
and offering plans.
Barry Mallin & Associates, P.C. is highly experienced in this specialized area of affordable housing. We can offer you more than 30 years of experience regarding your liabilities, responsibilities and financing. Contact our firm today and schedule your consultation.